THE PEOPLE'S PARISH AIMS:
- to involve all of Scotland's 871 parishes
- to bring together local activists and organisations
- to encourage participation in community life
- to inspire new forms of mapping
- to gather and give voice to songs, stories, dances, traditions, visuals, histories and fictions
- to facilitate digital representation of local culture and access to it
- to create a resource for generations to come
If you would like to read more about the thinking behind the People's Parish initiative, click on the links below.
David Francis reflects on what connects people with place and suggests the beginnings of a framework for communities to tell their own story to the world
This blog also appeared in the TRACS publication Blethers issue 33.
Hard copies can be collected from the Scottish Storytelling Centre.